Gold, Nickel and VMS (NT)
- GGL has embarked on a program to pinpoint potential sources of gold, nickel, and base metals.
New gold discoveries up to 1.25 oz/ton (as well as VMS and nickel) in favourable geologic setting.
Airborne geophysical surveys completed over the entire claim area.
176 mineral claims – 100% GGL-owned.
GGL holds work permit valid until 2013 and established a self-contained 20-person camp.
Background At the end of the 2006 exploration season, a GGL geologist took a grab sample from a noticeably magnetic outcrop, identified as a serpentinite. The anomalous nickel results prompted a re-examination of existing exploration data and an aggressive land acquisition campaign.
GGL’s claims (owned 100%) on the area, now named the Providence Greenstone Belt (PGB), total about 382,000 acres covering an area about 120 kilometers long and 30 kilometers wide. Greenstone belts throughout the world are known for their economic potential including gold, nickel, VMS deposits, and uranium.
The 2007 exploration season focused on reconnaissance mapping, obtaining additional soil and rock samples, and ground surveying. A sample taken in late August 2007 assayed 0.66 oz/ton gold, but this result was received after the exploration season was over. Based on the geology and the related geophysical signature associated with this initial find, it was felt there was the potential for additional gold discoveries on the PGB property.
An airborne VTEM survey was conducted in the spring of 2008. At least 100 VTEM airborne targets were then documented for geology, alteration, mineralization and setting. Additional prospecting, mapping and sampling resulted in locating four highly-prospective gold areas.
For details about GGL’s PGB project, please click here for all, or below for individual news releases:
- April 30, 2009 - New high-grade gold assays discovered on PGB
- March 30, 2009 - GGL reports on activities for the year ended Nov. 30, 2008
- October 7, 2008 -- Field season ends with new discoveries on PGB (NT)
- July 31, 2008 - GGL reports on the second quarter; drilling expected to start mid-August
- June 12, 2008 - Airborne geophysical PGB survey completed; drill target selection begins
- May 11, 2008 - GGL reports on activities for the first quarter ended Feb. 29, 2008
- March 25, 2008 - GGL reports on activities for the year ended Nov. 30, 2007
- February 25, 2008 - GGL stakes new mineral claims along the Providence Greenstone Belt.
- October 30, 2007 – GGL Third Quarter Report, MD&A
- August 23, 2007 – Nickel belt exploration moving forward: Rock and soil samples being analyzed to guide future work”
- July 31, 2007 – GGL Second Quarter Report, MD&A
- June 14, 2007 – GGL receives promising EM data on recently discovered prospective nickel belt”
- May 31, 2007 – GGL moves ahead in exploration and strategic plans for recently discovered prospective nickel belt”
- April 30, 2007 – GGL First Quarter Report, MD&A
- April 4, 2007 – GGL discovers nickel while exploring for diamonds; now holds 80 km of prospective nickel belt”